I have been waiting for this one. Today we can all head over here to get around half off tickets to Ballet Arizona’s version of The Nutcracker on Goldstar. Seats are available for $23-$80 plus fees, usually $45-$159 plus fees.
I would book early to make sure you get the date you want (for a deal)! We love going to this every year, it really is a magical experience.
“The New York Times called Ballet Arizona’s production of Ib Anderson’s The Nutcracker “one of the three finest” in the country. Lovers of ballet, lovers of the holidays or simply lovers of pure, thrilling spectacle flock each year to this Tchaikovsky classic. Filled with enchanted toys, mischievous mice and sugar plum fairies, the tale of Clara and her magical Nutcracker Prince has enraptured generations of children and adults. Now Ballet Arizona returns with its traditional yet dynamic version of The Nutcracker, which is charged with the stunning choreography of Ib Andersen, the company’s acclaimed artistic director, and accompanied by the Phoenix Symphony. Create a new holiday tradition — or relive memories of holidays past — with Tchaikovsky’s immortal The Nutcracker.:
I’m pretty excited about the new Easy Cancel option on Goldstar too!
“Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Easy Cancel?
- It’s one of the perks that comes along with buying tickets on Goldstar. It allows you to exchange your current date for another date or pick a new event entirely. These options are available to you as long as the offer (date/time) you purchased is still on sale on our site or app. If you choose to use Easy Cancel, you’ll get Goldstar store credit in the amount of your purchase. Goldstar credit includes the ticket prices as well as any service fees.
- How do I use Easy Cancel?
- You can start the exchange or credit process by clicking the Use Easy Cancel button on the My Tickets page. From there you just choose the number of tickets you want to cancel and select “confirm.”
- How do I know if the offer I purchased is still on sale so I can cancel my tickets?
- On your My Tickets page, under the “Need to Change Your Date” section, you’ll see the date and time the offer is set to expire. The offer expiration date/time is set in advance by the ticket supplier and it typically does not change after it’s been set. However, the ticket supplier can close sales early, and occasionally they choose to do so. It’s always best to view the offer expiration date/time at the time you receive your gift or complete your purchase. If you are considering using Easy Cancel, the sooner you can make your decision, the better. If the offer you purchased hasn’t yet expired, you can change dates or get credit for your tickets. If the offer has expired, you will see a message saying that tickets are no longer cancellable.
- Will Easy Cancel cost me anything?
- No. It is one of the perks of buying on Goldstar, and you get Goldstar credit for both the ticket price and service fees.
- What is Goldstar credit? Where does my credited money go?
- If you use Easy Cancel, the full value becomes credit on your Goldstar account. This credit never expires and can be used for any purchase on Goldstar. The credit will appear automatically during the checkout process when you make your next purchase. You can see your credit balance on the left side of your Account.
- I bought a ticket for a friend who can’t go to the event. Can I get a partial credit?
- Yes, with Easy Cancel you can cancel some or all of your tickets for Goldstar credit, as long as the offer (date/time) you purchased is still on sale on our site and app. Just select the number of tickets you would like to return, and you will receive a full Goldstar credit for those tickets and service fees.
- Why can’t I use Easy Cancel on every purchase?
- You can no longer use Easy Cancel after the offer you purchased has expired because at that point, sales have closed and the will-call list has been sent to the supplier. Once the supplier has received the will-call list, they must be paid for every ticket, so cancellations are not possible. Occasionally, offers may expire earlier than expected due to a supplier request to close sales. Also, there are a very small number of events for which cancellations are never allowed. These special instances are identified before you get to the purchase process so there are no surprises.”
I love this!
Christmas is less than three months away and the fun leading up to it will be here before we know it! Get some fun events on the calendar for less when you plan ahead. Head over here to score tickets to the amazing Celebration of Christmas in Phoenix for $9-$10.50 plus fees, usually $18-$21 plus fees. This takes place at Dream City Church and is INCREDIBLE! The performances will take your breath away (and the live nativity is unreal).
“The true spirit of the season reaches atmospheric heights during Dream City Church’s annual Celebration of Christmas production. “Celebration” is almost too modest a word to describe this yuletide spectacular that features a massive array of performance acts — including silk aerialists, acrobats, dancers, flying angels and a full live orchestra, as well as complex and captivating special effects. There are exciting, grandiose dance numbers, and as per tradition, the show culminates in an astonishing live nativity, complete with flying angels and a majestic king’s procession. Don’t miss your chance to experience one of America’s largest Christmas musicals live in Phoenix.”
We went to this and it’s definitely worth seeing…it helps put you in the spirit for sure!
Head over here to get tickets to Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol for $18 plus fees, usually $36 plus fees. This is taking place at the Peoria Center for the Performing Arts and tickets are selling FAST!
“TheaterWorks’ original production of the most well-known of all holiday classics, Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, returns. See the legendary transformation of an old miser as he’s taken on a journey of self-redemption courtesy of four ghosts who visit him in turn one Christmas Eve, each teaching him valuable lessons. Populated with cherished characters like Ebenezer Scrooge, Bob Cratchit and Tiny Tim, this tale of redemption and forgiveness captures the true spirit and magic of the holiday season for the whole family. See it at the Peoria Center for the Performing Arts.”
Thanks so much for tuning into my 3TV Your Life Arizona Segment about fun fall deals! If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll join the totally FREE Alicia’s Deals e-mail list (unsubscribe at anytime). Please tell a friend about my site too so we can all “live life better for less” together. You can also find out first about the latest and greatest bargains when you follow Alicia’s Deals on Instagram, “like” Alicia’s Deals on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.
The cooler weather is on the way and so are fun deals!
I love the Target Beauty Boxes and right now if you head over here you can pick up a Fall Beauty Box for $7 shipped. Inside you’ll find dry shampoo, body wash, deodorant, Primer, facial mist, and more. These seasonal boxes are always fun to try and if you use your red card, you’ll get an extra 5% off.
I always look forward to fall festivals and right now you can head over here to get a 25% off discount on tickets to the one at MacDonald’s Ranch in Scottsdale. Enjoy the hay ride, the hay maze, peddle cars, games, and lots more!
Finally, if you’re looking forward to Fall Break keep in mind that San Diego is an excellent value with the kiddos, head over here for the great offers. Right now through my relationship with ARES you can get a child ticket free when you buy an adult ticket to Legoland or Sea World. You’ll get two kids in free when you buy a ticket to the USS Midway Museum. You’ll get up to 10 kids in free with each adult ticket purchased at the San Diego Zoo or the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
Keep in mind that many of the San Diego hotels are offering special Kids Eat Free promotions and/or free for October too, head over here to see the deals!
Here’s another life changer that my really smart friends Teresa and Jen told me about (THANK YOU LADIES)! Head over here to pick up a 32 ounce bottle of Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar With The Mother (that part is very important). It’s $5.98 at Walmart and you can pick it up in store. On Amazon you can get a bottle shipped for $8.87 (or pick it up the next time you’re at the store). My children have started to get acne and Teresa mentioned she used it on a pimple and it went away. I used a few drops on the kids last night and they woke up WITHOUT PIMPLES (no guarantees that this will work for you, I’ve heard many people dilute it before they put it on the pimples as it can burn directly on the skin)! I’ve heard this is great diluted as a nightly toner too. I read the reviews… apparently you can drink it for help with digestion and weight loss (I’m drinking it in my water as I type) and it helps keep you healthy.
I was so blown away by the results today I had to share. Check out what Alicia’s Deals reader Carrie said on the facebook page…”We used it on mosquito bites and to clear up our dogs ear infection. Literally works for everything I think!”
If you have a dog, you won’t want to miss this life changer I shared last week. Sunny is a whole new pet now (and so well behaved)!
I hope these things work as well for you as they have for me!
It’s the First Friday of the month and that means it’s a GREAT night to head to downtown Phoenix for First Friday fun.
Admission is FREE to the Children’s Museum of Phoenix from 5-9 PM. Head over here for more information.
Admission to the Heard Museum is free from 6-10 PM. Head over here for more information.
Pick one museum or try to hit both(save huge and learn a TON)!
While other kids around the country are just going back to school this week, we’re about ready for report cards! If you’re like me and ready for fall break, head over here to check out the Kids go Free offers in San Diego for October! You can pick up kids tickets to Legoland, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and TONS of other great attractions for free when you buy adult tickets through my relationship with ARES. Each attraction has their own rules, at Legoland you get one child per adult while at the San Diego Zoo you get up to 10 kids per paying adult.
I just heard that this one ends TODAY so it’s your last day to take advantage (if it doesn’t go to the razor page, it’s gone)!
If you’ve ever been curious about Harry’s razors, now is a great time to try them out. Head over here to get a free trial of a razor (in your choice of color), shave gel, and a travel case ($13 value). You’ll just pay $3 for shipping. This is probably the best razor I’ve used, it makes my legs crazy soft. If you don’t want to keep getting refills, it’s really easy to go to “order history” and cancel. You can get refills at Target and Walmart. Every Alicia’s Deals reader I’ve heard from who has done this has loved the razor.
Disclosure: Some companies choose to share referral fees or small affiliate fees with me when you click links which help support the site. Thank you for being a part of dealsinaz.com!
If you’d like to remember and learn more about our great Senator John McCain, Harkins Theatres is giving us all the opportunity to see the new documentary “For Whom the Bell Tolls” for FREE this Sunday, September 2nd at 4 PM. The showings will be taking place at Harkins Camelview at Fashion Square and Harkins Sedona 6. Head over here for more information on their Twitter page.
John McCain’s family has been in our family’s thoughts and prayers all week. So beautiful to see the tributes to a man who always wanted to unite us. I remember running into him when I was a child hiking with my parents and siblings near Sedona. He was so nice to us, shook all of our hands, and looked us in the eye. I was so impressed with him especially when my dad told me about all he had been through. Wish there were more like him in politics. He makes us all proud to be from Arizona. Rest In Peace Senator McCain ❤.
It’s the last day (8/29) to head over here and score an extra 25% off Groupons with code FF25. This is EXCELLENT savings on top of savings!
Here are some of my top picks:
Head over here to pick up a BBQ Picnic Package from Can’t Stop Smokin BBQ for $22.50 with code FF25 (a $55.94 value). Note: You must buy the voucher (here’s a link straight to it) then bring it to the restaurant (good at the 2650 East University Drive, Mesa, AZ 85213 location or the 7250 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226 location).
Check out what’s included:
- “One pound of beef brisket, tri-tip, pork ribs, or beef ribs
- One pound of any other meat
- Two medium sides or three salads of any size
- One medium cobbler
The restaurant gets great reviews! This sounds much easier than cooking for a Labor Day get together to me (call stores for hours).
You could head over here and get a new Senita Club family membership to the Desert Botanical Garden for $55.12 with code FF25 (usually $109)!
Check out what’s included in the Senita Club membership:
“MEMBER BENEFITS AT ALL LEVELS:
- Visit as often as you want with unlimited annual admission
- Receive advance ticket offers for special events
- Enjoy reciprocal admission to over 300 gardens, arboreta and conservatories
- Get discounts on classes, plant sales and gifts at the Garden Shop
- Butterfly Pavilion Admission (Opens March 2017)
- Enter the Garden an hour earlier than the public every Wednesday and Sunday
- Subscription to The Sonoran Quarterly magazine
- Reference privileges in the Garden library
- Members’ nights at Las Noches de las Luminarias (December)
- Members’ days at Plant Sales (March and October)
- Click here for Phoenix Home & Garden Magazine discounted subscription
- Music in the Garden concert tickets
- Advance ticket offer and discounts for Las Noches de las Luminarias
- Other special offers for Garden members
- Classes and workshop fees
- Guest admission
- Garden Shop purchases
- Plant Sale purchases
- Discounts on rentals at the SRP Visitor Center
Your Senita Club Membership also includes these benefits:
- Free annual admission for two adults and your children or grandchildren under 18 years of age
- Two free, one-time guest passes “
This is such a great place to take out of town guests or to visit yourself!
Love tacos? Head over here to score a ticket to the Arizona Taco Festival for $6 with code FF25 (code good through 8/29, tickets usually $13.83)! NOTE: I would buy each ticket individually so you get the $2 off every single one (you can use code FF25 up to three times per account).
The festival is happening 10/14 at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick.
“The Arizona Taco Festival celebrates the Mexican food favorite with a weekend of taco tastings, live entertainment, and interactive events. Each day, more than 50 teams prepare samples of their unique recipes for chicken, beef, pork, or seafood tacos, all competing for cash prizes.
Meanwhile, a special expo on Saturday features more than 100 types of boutique tequila, and live entertainment ranges from lucha libre wrestling to a chihuahua beauty pageant. Other events include chili-pepper-eating contests and live bands playing festive reggae and mariachi sets.”